A committee led by Enver Yücel, President of Board of Trustees of Bahçeşehir University (BAU) and Rector Prof. Dr. Şenay Yalçın visits Djibouti located in Africa in order to conduct negotiations. The studies initiated with Djibouti Ministry of Higher Education and Djibouti University will be followed up with the negotiations regarding new education investments and the prior goal of the committee is to contribute in the higher education in the country. Within the light of the mutual contacts started in 2013, Bahçeşehir University realized architectural projecting of the faculty of engineering which is planned to be established in Djibouti University, prepared the academic infrastructure of the same faculty. Enver Yücel, the President of Bahçeşehir University Board of Trustees: “BAU provided the academicians of Djibouti University Academicians with English courses in Istanbul. Our university also provided visual and written material required for English prep school. We will continue support in order to increase the higher education standards of Djibouti. This week we are visiting Djibouti for second phase negotiations. Our goal is to provide support for the establishment of a Turkish-Djiboutian Technical University therein. Besides, we are planning to establish distance education system in order to meet the academician deficit. “
“Turkish surgeons will carry out operations”
Prof. Dr. Şenay Yalçın, Rector of BAU stated that so far the financial support provided to Djibouti so far has been around 560 thousand US dollars, and that they will also provide a new support of 3 million US dollars. Yalçın stating that the support includes subjects such as establishment of a laboratory at University of Djibouti, granting scholarships for raising academicians, establishing the infrastructure for video-conference and scholarship for graduate programs, said “We, as BAU Faculty of Medicine, will also be in Djibouti in addition to this entire support of us. Our teachers from BAU Faculty of Medicine will go to Djibouti on certain periods and will perform certain operations which are important there.”
Works BAU plans to conduct in Djibouti are following:
- Giving lessons by BAU through distant education oriented to compensate for the current lack of lecturers in the Faculty of Engineering of University of Djibouti, and preparation of a class equipped technically under University of Djibouti for such purpose.
- Providing doctorate education scholarships by BAU to appropriate candidates at the University of Djibouti under the plan to train suggested lecturers.
- Bringing the current students of engineering into Turkey with the support of THY and Credits and Hostels Institution and completing their education at Laboratories of Engineering Faculty of Bahçeşehir University until the planned laboratories are established, and conducting seminars and cultural trips to get them acquainted with Turkish culture and civilization with the organization of Civilization Studies Center (MEDAM).
- Negotiating with both the state and private sector institutions in Turkey to establish laboratories of Engineering Faculty which were done a feasibility study, and planning their sources and enabling them to be established as soon as possible.
- Going to Djibouti on certain periods and conducting operations for free in needed fields by teachers of BAU Faculty of Medicine.
- Providing students of Engineering Faculty to have Turkish lessons.
- Providing Graduate Program Education Scholarships by BAU each year to the top student in the department among graduates of Engineering Faculty of University of Djibouti.
- Establishing “Joint Master and Doctorate Programs” by BAU and University of Djibouti.
- As a result of joint works conducted, providing Engineering Faculty to be converted into “Turkish-Djibouti Technical University”.
The Ministry of Youth and Sports has signed a memorandum of understanding with 11 schools and 3 private education associations today, following the text of the agreement that provide...
BAU Global President Mr. Enver Yücel has become the winner of the "Highly Commended" Award in the Outstanding Contribution to the Industry category at the PIEoneer Awards 2020 by ta...
Enver Yucel, Bahcesehir – Ugur Egitim Kurumlari Chairman of the Executive Board, was interviewed with September issue of Forbes Magazine “Target is Africa and Latin America”